Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Koh Phi Phi, how I miss thee..

Better late than never...

I have realzied that in a previous post, I had mentioned wanting to talk about Koh Phi Phi aka the Phi Phi Islands in Thailand... well I thought I would find some pictures to remind me of what I wanted to share with you.

So my day started with waking up nice in early after a late night in Phuket. We caught the ferry which would take us to Paradise...





Upon our arrival we could smell we were no longer in Bangkok, since we could breath without filling our lungs with pollution. And the smell of ocean and BBQ were in the air. Why is it that meat or any food for that matter when placed on a stick, is ALWAYS better?!? Well needless to say Mama's chicken was good! The Picture below is of me and Mama! She owns and runs a bar on the Beach of Lohdalum Bay. She was so sweet, always making sure I was fed, had drinks and I even watched her store while she went to get Papa to make me food! The boy in the picture is Channarrong!




We stayed in a guest house called Jung's Guest house, it was cute, at first. Our room reminded me of the swiss family Robinson house, as we had ladder going from one bed to the others! We had no hot water and there were a few other things I could complain about, but it was overall a great experience, so I will leave out the negatives!

Looking at this picture, you can sort of see the guest house all the way at the end of the boardwalk.


The picture below is one of my favorites, since I spent most of my days in Koh Phi Phi lying on the beach until the sun went down and the bar staff would come out and ask you to move so they could set up for the nights festivities!





The night festivities always included music, but my favorite was the fire art, aka Poi. The picture below if of a guy with the fire stick.. he was hardcore! The other games they would play were Fire skipping, which I did very proudly! And fire limbo, which I did not do... But as a reward for participating you would get a shot of Thai Whiskey or Zambuka... eitherway, you can't really feel your face after a few shots!







While fire dancing, skipping and limbo are all fun, there is A LOT more to Koh Phi Phi than that!


Here are some pictures to prove just that:




Monkey Beach




Viking Cave


Sea Kayaking around Koh Phi Phi Leh


Jump off the boat, swim to that ladder, and be careful, the waves will slam you into the rocks! :)



But after jumping off the boat, you arrive to Maya Bay, my favorite place on earth.


Me and my little brother




Dinner on the boat at Sunset heading back to Koh Phi Phi Don




I'm glad I can share this adventure with you, and I hope you enjoy the pictures! Some day I will return to the land of smiles, as I miss it more and more everyday!



Sawatdee Ka!

No comments:

Post a Comment